Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feeling Great, Staying Motivated

I'm bouncing with energy at midnight. I really should be in bed but for some reason I feel full of life today. I think its the first day since my surgery where I'm not ready to put my head on my desk at 2:00pm. I even did a little Wii Zumba with Skylar this evening (and Mia tried to play along).

I'm really getting near my 20 pound weight loss mark and I'm very excited. However, I'm starting to have wardrobe dilemma each morning before I go to work. My big clothes are well, big. I already have a pile of "trousers" that hang off of me and look ridiculous, but my "skinny" clothes are still too tight and slightly inappropriate for the office setting. It's a strange phase to be in because I don't want to do any shopping really because I don't plan to stay in this zone for long. Basically I'm going to look like a ragamuffin for a while, and try to pull off leggings and dresses as much as possible. Not that I'm complaining!

On the subject of vanity - I'm having hair remorse. I'm officially over being a brunette. Now my hairdresser said that this would be a work in progress and eventually I'll have my caramel/light blond mix but right now it's a very boring mousy brown, some parts that have faded show my old color a bit and it's just boring. I am supposed to go back in 2 weeks for my next appt. but Chaz will be out of town so I'm going to have to figure out something. Basically, I want to have it more natural, less brassy/bleached blonde, but I don't think I fancy being this dark and I've had a few of my more blunt/honest friends tell me that they prefer me blonde. In the grand scheme of life, this shouldn't even matter but I think with this overall theme of self improvement, I'd like to feel confident all around.

I was looking at a photo that my dear friend sent me from last summer and remembered it was one of the reasons I started this journey. My husband even said he was a bit shocked that he didn't think I was 'that big,' and that it was just and unflattering photo, but I was happy to compare it to a recent photo to see the progress and to keep me motivated. I posted this before/after on the facebook/Dukan page for fellow dieters to see but as facebook settings are crap, a lot of my friends ended up seeing it. I felt cheeky, and like I was fishing for compliments... really all I wanted was to motivate others and prove that this diet really works! So - I will post it here, not fishing for compliments of course (haha).


See what I mean about the hair? (Left is too blonde - bleaching and help from the sun) Right is well, not me.

Heading to bed now. Goodnight everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment