Monday, March 12, 2012

20 Pounds Down

Well, I finally hit 20 pounds today! A little over 2 months and a few hiccups along the way but wow – It’s the best feeling! I honestly can say that it’s not been as hard as I thought it would be. I’ve had my moments of weakness but sticking with the plan has really paid off. I haven’t had to work out like crazy either, which confirms my suspicions of it being food and food alone that was responsible for gaining and keeping weight on. I was working out like crazy when I was doing Roller Derby and not losing a pound. High protein low carbs – it’s the way forward! We’ve all heard this for years but it’s really true. Eventually I’ll be able to eat a reasonable amount of carbs on a normal basis but not until I hit my goal weight. It’s been a very forgiving diet as well. Being able to indulge a little and getting back on track and still losing makes it so much easier to deal with. Now that I've recovered from surgery, I'm going to get back into working out though and try to do more than just walking and Zumba. Our gym offers free personal training sessions (I just found this out), so I'm planning to take advantage and get things started trying to tone up and maybe do some weights. I'm one of those girls who is afraid of the weight room, it's intimidating and I don't feel like I know what I'm doing.

I had an interesting thing happen last night. While on the way home after a concert and very late night, my husband and I needed food desperately. We didn’t have dinner and I had a few glasses of wine so I had to have something. The only option at 1:00am was McDonalds, so we just went for it. Now I don’t eat fast food on a normal basis over here as it is, but I would have it once in a while. I had a Big Mac (removed one of the buns) and fries and let me tell you- I was almost instantly physically ill. I got home and my stomach was rumbling, heartburn raging, and I eventually got sick. I guess it was my bodies’ way of telling me “NO, I will not accept this crap you have fed me.” The salt alone was so intense, I swear I could feel it going through my veins. Bad stuff! (But it tasted good of course!)





Ok - about to head to bed. Can't hang like a rockstar on a schoolnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment